Before you begin...
Make sure you don't need a police officer to take the report
Not sure? Always call 911 if:
- Someone is hurt or threatened
- A weapon (gun, knife, etc.) was used or threatened
Make sure you can report your incident online
You cannot report online if:
- The estimated value exceeds $500
- To report an amount larger than $500, or if you have suspect information, please contact the Police Department at 701.451.7660.
Types of incidents you can report online:
- Theft from Motor Vehicle
- Lost Property
- Damage to Property
- Damage to Motor Vehicle
Types of incidents you cannot report online:
- Call the non emergency number of 701.451.7660
For Theft of a Vehicle
Do not use this form to report a stolen vehicle!
If the crime is in progress call 9-1-1. Otherwise call the Police Department at 218.299.5120 to see if your car was impounded.
Make sure you have all the information you need to submit your report
You will be asked the following:
- When it happened (date and time)
- Where it happened (street location and/or address in Moorhead)
- Who is reporting (your identity including, name and contact information)
- Who owns the property involved (name and contact information)
- What was lost, stolen, or damaged
Please have the following vehicle information ready:
- Make and Model
- License Plate Number
- Insurance Information (company name, policy number, etc.)
Please have the following property information ready:
- Serial Number
- Product Name
For details of the incident, there is a section where you can describe in your own words what happened.
If you want to print a copy of your report, you must enter an email address in the report and a copy of the report will be emailed to you. You can print or save that copy for your records.