The Moorhead Municipal Airport, a general aviation airport, is located 3 miles southeast of Moorhead. Take Exit 6 off I-94 at Clay County 11 (3309 70th Street South, Moorhead, MN 56547).
The airport is staffed by Moorhead Aviation Services, offering aircraft maintenance, fuel, and onsite management. Public T-Hangars may be available; please contact Moorhead Aviation Services for rental/lease information. Moorhead Aviation Services can be contacted at 218.287.1400.
- 4,300 foot asphalt runway, 75 feet wide
- Full taxiway
- 9 Private Hangars
- 34 Public T-Hangars (managed by Moorhead Aviation, call 218.287.1400 for leasing information)
- Arrival/Departure (A/D) Area with restrooms, phone service and vending machines
- Courtesy vehicle for pilots
- Self Service Fuel - Jet A and Avgas
- Additional Information
Airport Name Change Request
The Airport received a request to consider renaming Moorhead's airport to "Moorhead Municipal Airport - Florence Klingensmith Field". Learn more about Florence here. All comments received on this request will be forwarded to the Airport Committee and City Council as they consider the name change request.
Airport Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goal
The Moorhead Municipal Airport has set a goal of 3.15% for the Federal Fiscal Years 2020 through 2022 Airport Projects. The goal and methodology can be viewed here.
2021 DBE - Taxiway Pavement Project:
- Prime Contractor: Sellin Brothers, Inc. - $739,344.75
- DBE Subcontractor: All State Traffic Control - $28,051.00
- Subcontractor: Border States Paving - $275,808.00
- Subcontractor: Fahrner Asphalt Sealers - $40,443.10
- Subcontractor: Sherbrooke Turf - $18,663.60
Airport Layout Plan
The Municipal Airport is overseen by the Airport Committee that reviews the operation, growth and promotion of the airport.
For general information.
Moorhead City Hall, 4th Floor
500 Center Avenue
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm