The City of Moorhead requires property owners to register their rental property. Rentals include single/multi-family dwellings, multiplexes, condos, mobile homes, and rooming arrangements. Owner-occupied dwellings also require registration when space is shared with unrelated persons. Failure to register may result in administrative citation and/or civil or criminal charges.
Rental inspections are performed annually to ensure decent, safe, and sanitary living conditions for tenants. Properties that have a high qualifying inspection may be permitted to perform a self-inspection the following year.
Information for Tenants & Landlords
- Being Neighborly and Common Concerns
- Landlords & Tenants: Rights & Responsibilities
- Find an Apartment
- Tenant Request for Repairs
- Minnesota Crime Free Multi-Housing Program
- Greater Red River Apartment Association (GRRAA) – The GRRAA is designed for landlords and property managers to share knowledge, ideas, concerns, training, and business practices.
- Eviction Mediation –If you are at risk of eviction or planning an eviction of a tenant, you may consider the following mediation options.