Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
Construction Update: SE Main|20 St|21 St Underpass Project
As of October 25, 2021, the project is approximately 85% complete. Current work includes:
- Constructing bridge (BNSF railroad over SE Main Ave). Final concrete pour scheduled for October 29.
- OTVR railroad track is completed and operational. BNSF trains will continue to use the temporary BNSF railroad track (shoo-fly) until November 10, when the permanent track is expected to be installed.
- Approximately 70% of excavation has been completed (204,000 cubic yards).
- Approximately 86,000 feet of structural support piling (86% of total contract amount) has been installed.
- The stormwater pumping station is complete.
- Concrete paving of SE Main Avenue near the Moorhead Youth Hockey Arena (MYHA) is ongoing. Completion of this segment of roadway will allow the second driveway access to the MYHA parking lot to be open to traffic this hockey season.
Neighborhood note: A second period of night construction is expected to follow completion of the BNSF permanent track in mid-November 2021.