Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
- Moorhead Vehicle Pursuit
Driver fled during a traffic stop eastbound on I-94. The vehicle lost control and the driver fled on foot. The driver was not located but has been identified.
11/17/2019 12:15 amdetail
- Construction Update: SE Main|20 St|21 St Underpass Project
11/15/2019 8:35 amdetail
- Important Information on Sump Pumps
Options and tips to ensure your sump pump works properly in the cold
11/13/2019 1:45 pmdetail
- Male Arrested After Fleeing Officers
Arrest made after driver fled in a vehicle and later on foot.
11/12/2019 12:19 pmdetail
- Update on Plans for an 11 Street Downtown Railroad Underpass
State and Federal Funding Requests Pending for downtown underpass.
11/06/2019 2:48 pmdetail
- Traffic Alert: Lane Closure on 1 Ave N between 12 & 13 St N
Westbound lane of 1 Ave between 12 St & 13 St N closing November 7, 2019 for approximately two days.
11/06/2019 8:52 amdetail
- Special Election Unofficial Results
Moorhead City Council Ward 3 Elects Larry Seljevold and Ward 4 Elects Steve Lindaas. Results to be canvassed November 12.
11/05/2019 10:51 pmdetail
- Special Election Results available on our website soon
The unofficial results of the special election for City Council seats will be posted to the City website as soon as votes are tallied tonight.
11/05/2019 8:53 pmdetail
- 2019-2020 Fall & Winter Programs Now Open
Recreation programs and events for fall and winter are now available.
11/04/2019 8:54 amdetail
- Building & Housing Update
Construction Permit Activity Reports through October 2019 are now available.
11/01/2019 12:12 pmdetail
- Traffic Alert: Evening/Overnight Lane Closures on I-94 Red River Bridge
Alternating lane closures on I-94 Red River bridges on Monday, November 4.
11/01/2019 7:56 amdetail
- Media Advisory - Snow Plow Driver Training November 1
Media opportunity to learn about Moorhead's Public Works Department snow season preparations.
10/30/2019 12:09 pmdetail
- Public Hearing: Possible Elimination of LinkFM
The City of Fargo and City of Moorhead are considering eliminating the MATBUS LinkFM Downtown Circulator Route effective January 1, 2020.
10/28/2019 2:29 pmdetail
- Moorhead Runaway Located
10/27/2019 12:24 pmdetail
- Police Respond to a Disturbance Involving a Gun
A male arrived and was pounding on the door of a business to speak with an employee about a property dispute. The employee never opened the door but believed the male had a gun based on comments he heard.
10/27/2019 4:30 amdetail
- Drug Take Back Event, Saturday, October 26
The Moorhead Police Department will be partnering with the DEA for another Drug Take Back Event, Saturday, October 26, 2019 from 10:00am to 2:00pm.
10/25/2019 6:31 pmdetail
- Traffic Alert: Road Closure on Village Green Dr from 29 Ave S to the north approximately 300 feet
Sanitary Sewer Repair does not affect driveway access but will limit access to Village Green Boulevard for properties to the north of the repair area for 1 - 2 weeks.
10/25/2019 2:04 pmdetail
- “All Aboard Minnesota” Exploring Expanded Rail Transportation Options to/from Moorhead
Attend a meeting at the Hjemkomst Center, 202 1 Ave N, Wednesday, October 30 from 6:30 – 7:30 pm to learn more about the possibilities for expanded rail transportation options
10/25/2019 7:35 amdetail
- Robbery Suspect Captured
Juvenile male was arrested today regarding the aggravated robbery from yesterday, October, 23.
10/24/2019 5:43 pmdetail
- Moorhead Aggravated Robbery
10/23/2019 6:32 pmdetail