Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
- Public Works Update: 8th St S Repairs
Milling and Paving on 8 Street South
- Center Avenue and Center Avenue bridge reopened Monday, July 15
Water main replacement and bridge repairs are complete; road restriped to 3 lanes.
07/16/2019 8:00 amdetail
- Hands-Free Law Effective August 1
The Moorhead Police Department wants all drivers to stay safe, stay alive, and stay out of trouble under the new law.
07/15/2019 11:04 amdetail
- Summer Splash 2019
Beat the heat and make a splash!
07/15/2019 9:37 amdetail
- Construction Update: SE Main|20 St|21 St Underpass Project
Ames Construction requests the City allow 24-hour construction for a second 3-week period anticipated to begin in early September for the SE Main Underpass project.
07/12/2019 9:30 amdetail
- Construction Notice: Sunday work on SE Main|20 St|21 St Underpass Project
Sunday, July 14, from 7 am to 5 pm, construction crews will be working on the SE Main|20 St|21 St Underpass Project
07/11/2019 4:14 pmdetail
- Traffic Alert: Road Closure on Belsly Boulevard between 18 & 20 St S
Beginning Thursday, July 11, Belsly Boulevard between 18 & 20 St S will close for approximately 3 weeks.
07/10/2019 2:00 pmdetail
- Victim's Identity Confirmed
Male's identify from June 29 water recovery positively identified by medical examiner's office.
07/09/2019 10:47 amdetail
- GreenStep 3! Moorhead Recognized for Environmental Sustainability Efforts
The City of Moorhead received an award for advancing to become a Step 3 city in the Minnesota GreenStep Cities program at the League of Minnesota Cities annual conference on June 27.
07/08/2019 3:00 pmdetail
- Property Assessment Reviews in Moorhead Neighborhoods
07/08/2019 8:00 amdetail
- Traffic Alert: Road Closure on 30 Ave S between 12 & 13 St S
Beginning Tuesday, July 9, 30 Ave will be closed from 12 to 13 St S for approximately 2 weeks.
07/07/2019 8:00 amdetail
- Traffic Alert: Lane Closures on 8 St at 24 Ave S begin Monday, July 8
Minnesota Department of Transportation is coordinating repair of heaved concrete at Hwy 75/8 St and 24 Ave S
07/03/2019 11:13 amdetail
- "Stronger than a Viking" filmed in Moorhead airs July 7
An episode of the new History Channel show, "The Strongest Man in History" was filmed at the Hjemkomst Center
07/03/2019 9:35 amdetail
- Search Warrant Leads to Arrest of Moorhead Man
Area Narcotics Officers locate heroin during narcotics search warrant that leads to arrest.
07/02/2019 3:54 pmdetail
- CONSTRUCTION UPDATE: SE Main|20 St|21 St Underpass Project
2 Ave S opening to traffic this week; 6 Ave S will close July 8; construction on 2 of 3 railroad bridges begins this month
07/02/2019 3:01 pmdetail
- July 4 Fireworks - 5656OOH & AAH!
Thanks to the Moorhead Business Association for hosting Independence Day fireworks (and more) at MSUM's Nemzek Field
07/01/2019 10:58 amdetail
- Building & Housing Update
Construction Permit Activity Reports through June 2019 are now available.
07/01/2019 10:35 amdetail
- Water Recovery at Johnson Park
06/29/2019 6:30 pmdetail
- UPDATE - Domestic Assault Suspect Arrested
06/29/2019 5:30 amdetail
- Search Warrant Leads to Charges for Two Adults and Placement of Three Children
A narcotics search warrant was conducted this week that lead to charges for two adults and protective placement of three children, including one that required hospitalization.
06/28/2019 1:57 pmdetail