Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
- Update on Sanitary Sewer Concerns - Main Avenue and south from 8 St to the Red River
Residents in this area may resume normal water usage.
04/07/2020 5:06 pmdetail
- Disconnect Sumps and Limit Water Usage from Main Avenue and south, from 8 St to the Red River
Several sanitary lift stations are still experiencing very high water volumes due to the rain and heavy snow experienced the past several days. Sewer backup is possible.
04/06/2020 9:05 pmdetail
- Sump Pump Reminder
Please make sure your sump pump hose is draining outside.
04/06/2020 4:02 pmdetail
- Traffic Alert: Mulitple Roads Reopening
Brookdale underpass, Woodland Park Dr, Gooseberry Park Entrance, and 3 St S from 4 St to Center Mall Ave to reopen today, April 6.
04/06/2020 1:00 pmdetail
- Clean Up Week Postponed to September 14 - 18
Transfer Station open weekdays for excess trash.
04/03/2020 3:44 pmdetail
- Public Hearing Participation Guidance for April 13
Public Hearing Participation Guidance for Engineering projects 20-A2-1A, 20-A2-1B, 20-A2-3, and 20-A2-4.
04/03/2020 12:52 pmdetail
- Update on Snow Removal
Operations underway to address snow event.
04/03/2020 12:17 pmdetail
- Public Hearing: Proposed Assessment for Eng. Project No. 20-A2-4
Proposed assessment for Eng. Project No. 20-A2-4, consisting of Mill & Overlay Street Improvements on 18 St & 18 ½ St S between 9 Ave S and 12 Ave S.
04/03/2020 8:15 amdetail
- Public Hearing: Proposed Assessment for Eng. Project No. 20-A2-3
Proposed assessment for Eng. Project No. 20-A2-3, consisting of Mill & Overlay Street Improvements on 14 St S between 9 and 12 Ave S.
04/03/2020 8:11 amdetail
- Public Hearing: Proposed Assessment for Eng. Project No. 20-A2-1A
Proposed assessment for Eng. Project No. 20-A2-1A, 12 Ave S from 4 St S to SE Main Ave.
04/03/2020 8:07 amdetail
- Public Hearing: Proposed Assessment for Eng. Project No. 20-A2-1B
Proposed assessment for Eng. Project No. 20-A2-1B, consisting of Street Reconstruction Street Improvements in the area of 7 Ave N from 14 St to 20 St and between 5 and 7 Ave N.
04/03/2020 8:06 amdetail
- Update on Sanitary Sewer Concerns in Angela's and Allyson Parkway Neighborhoods
Acceptable condition restored.
04/02/2020 8:22 pmdetail
- MATBUS Relocates Downtown Hub
On Saturday, April 4, MATBUS will begin operating its downtown hub at a new temporary location due to major construction project at current location
04/02/2020 3:30 pmdetail
- Sanitary Sewer Code Red Notice issued to area between 40 - 46 Ave S, west of 8 St
Angela's and Allyson Parkway neighborhoods are experiencing high sanitary sewer flows; limit water usage to avoid back up.
04/02/2020 12:44 pmdetail
- 56560 Rummage Sale
Now accepting vendors for our inaugural sale!
04/01/2020 2:28 pmdetail
- Requests for Food & Beverage Proposals
Food and beverage service proposals now being accepted for Moorhead public golf courses.
04/01/2020 11:27 amdetail
- MN DEED Release New Guide for Small Businesses
A summary guide to help small businesses quickly see which programs might be right for their situation.
04/01/2020 10:05 amdetail
- Building & Housing Update
Construction Permit Activity Reports through March 2020 are now available.
04/01/2020 9:44 amdetail
- It Bears Repeating: Sump Pumps - time to discharge outside
Please disconnect sump pumps from the sanitary sewer.
03/31/2020 4:29 pmdetail
- COVID-19 Sanitation Service Updates
Solid Waste Transfer Station re-opening for limited service; curbside pick-up limited to totes.
03/31/2020 2:42 pmdetail