Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
- Moorhead Flood 2019 Update - Traffic Impacts
Commuters are facing the potential for a high level of traffic congestion with flood impacts still affecting bridges and streets near the river and the start of the 2019 construction season downtown.
04/15/2019 2:41 pmdetail
- Sanitation Services running today
City of Moorhead sanitation crews will provide garbage and recycling service on Friday, April 12.
04/12/2019 8:09 amdetail
- Moorhead Flood 2019 Update - Snow on the way
The National Weather Service has issued a notice that heavy, wet snow will fall across the region with the heaviest amounts focused on the southern and southeastern Red River Valley beginning Wednesday night into Friday.
04/10/2019 1:02 pmdetail
- Moorhead Flood 2019 Update
Red River appears to have crested at 35.05 feet Monday, April 8
04/09/2019 10:22 amdetail
- SPEAK UP ABOUT DISTRACTED DRIVING
Extra Enforcement on Minnesota Roads April 8 – 30 .
04/08/2019 1:54 pmdetail
- Moorhead Flood 2019 Update
River is expected to crest at 35.0 ft on Sunday, April 7
- Traffic Alert
Upcoming Road and Bridge Closures Affecting Traffic and Commute Patterns: Brookdale Underpass; 1 Ave N & Bridge; Woodlawn Park Dr; Gooseberry Entrance
04/04/2019 10:30 amdetail
- National Weather Service News Release
Red River is predicted to crest between 34 and 36 feet early next week.
04/03/2019 5:00 pmdetail
- Traffic Alert: 15 Av N / 12 Av N Toll Bridge Closing
15 Av N / 12 Av N Toll Bridge will be Closing Wednesday, April 3, 2019, at 6 pm.
04/03/2019 4:12 pmdetail
- Traffic Impacts
As the water rises, some streets and bridges will be closed. You can view a map of current street closures to plan your route.
04/03/2019 3:00 pmdetail
- MnDOT conducts geotechnical drilling on various city streets in Moorhead
To begin this month along 11 St, Center Ave, Main Ave, and 1 Ave N in Moorhead
04/03/2019 2:00 pmdetail
- Volunteer Update - No volunteers needed Tuesday
Sandbagging operations on "pause"
04/01/2019 4:44 pmdetail
- Building & Housing Update
Construction Permit Activity Reports through March 2019 are now available.
04/01/2019 11:17 amdetail
- It's spring - do you know where your sump pump is draining?
Snow melt puts our sump pumps into overdrive. It's time to direct sump hoses outside to prevent sewer back up for you and your neighbors
03/28/2019 11:30 amdetail
- Community Flood Information Meeting
Elected leaders and staff will hold a community meeting at MSUM to discuss Moorhead's flood preparedness.
03/28/2019 10:32 amdetail
- Ribbon Cutting at Sandbag Operations Center
Join the Chamber Ambassadors Wednesday, March 27 at 1:30 pm at Moorhead Sandbag Operations Center!
03/26/2019 7:46 pmdetail
- Moorhead Sandbag Operations Center Opens Wednesday
Flood Operations and Volunteer Management Staff available for interviews
03/26/2019 3:30 pmdetail
- Governor Walz in Moorhead Monday for flood briefing
Governor Walz stopped in Moorhead at the Law Enforcement Center today to offer the state's partnership as we prepare for a flood event.
03/25/2019 5:26 pmdetail
- Mayor Judd Declares Flood Emergency in Moorhead
The National Weather Service predicts Red River will flood this spring with a river crest occurring in early to mid-April.
03/22/2019 7:28 amdetail
- Mayor's News Conference 10 am Friday
In preparation for a flood event forecasted by the National Weather Service, Mayor Judd is expected to issue a declaration of emergency Friday morning
03/21/2019 8:19 amdetail