Moorhead Parks & Recreation and River Keepers have partnered to offer the following activities.
Canoe and Kayak Individual Rentals
June 2-September 1 (weather permitting)
*Due to high river levels, rentals are closed at this time*
Tuesdays 5-8 pm
Saturdays 11 am-6 pm
$10.00/hour, per vessel
Vessels are rented on a first come, first served basis for use at the Hjemkomst Landing only.
- Please do not rent a vessel if you are ill or have come in contact with someone exposed to the corona virus.
- Please sanitize your hands before and after use of a vessel. Sanitizer will be provided onsite.
- Checks and credit cards only. No cash will be accepted at this time.
- One person allowed at the rental shack at a time.
- Only one person allowed at the landing at a time.
- One person per vessel, unless you live within the same household.
- If possible, please provide your own life jacket.
- All vessels and life jackets will be sanitized after each use.
River Paddling Excursions
All skill levels are invited! Each session begins at 6 pm at the Hjemkomst Landing, with basics of canoeing and kayaking. Please arrive at 5:30 pm. Vessels are available on a first come, first served basis.
August 12 - Aviary Expedition, hosted by Fargo-Moorhead Audubon *Rescheduled from August 5
August 19 - Animals and Habitats, hosted by Nicole Lee
Fee: $15/person for canoe/kayak rental OR $10/person, if providing your own vessel. Children 5 and under are free.
Adopt the Red
Volunteers are needed from May-October to pick up litter along river corridors (10 river zones to adopt). Help out as a one-time group, or Adopt the Red for the season!
For more city beautification information, visit the Volunteer section of our website.
Cast your line on the Red! Enjoy shore fishing at Gooseberry Park, Viking Ship Park, Riverfront Park, Memorial Park, North Dam, River Oaks Park - South Dam, and M.B. Johnson Park (boat ramp available).
Gooseberry Park to Lindenwood Park
100 22nd Ave S
Davy/Memorial Park to Oak Grove Park
210 8th St S
Woodlawn Park to Dike East
400 Woodlawn Drive
River Corridor Plan