Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
Owning a home in Moorhead might be easier than you think
Homeownership may be more attainable than you might think, with preparation by our Moorhead residents and some help from our partners at the state of Minnesota helping the process along.
- Participating lenders offer down payment and affordable mortgage programs through the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency (MHFA)
- Homebuyer education to walk you through the process is available through Lakes & Prairies Community Action Agency
And for new construction:
- The City of Moorhead offers the First & New Loan Program, an incentive for first time homebuyers buying or building a new home; $5,000 no interest, no payment loan until sold or vacant to be used for special assessments.
- The Make Moorhead Home Property Tax Rebate provides a 2-year property tax rebate incentive for homebuyers buying or building a new home, a value of $7,000 on a $300,000 home.
- The Welcome Home pass, an all access recreation pass for buyers of newly constructed homes (first occupant)—includes a season golf pass, swimming, and more.
Homeownership is a good investment. Property values are stable and interest rates are low. Whether building new or buying an existing home, it is a great time to buy a home.
Here is what some recent homebuyers are saying about buying a home in Moorhead:
- Moorhead has the small town feeling with big town amenities.
- Quiet streets, friendly people, organized and caring city.
- It’s a great place to live, grow up, and raise a family.
For more information, visit makemoorheadhome.com.