Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
Overnight lane closures Wednesday on westbound I-94 Red River Bridge
Minnesota Department of Transportation announced that motorists traveling in the Moorhead area will encounter overnight lane closures on westbound Interstate 94 on Wednesday, October 7. Bridge crews will perform emergency patching on the Red River Bridge. The right lanes will be closed from 8 pm to midnight, weather permitting.
The work is occurring during overnight hours to minimize traffic impacts in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation urges travelers to always drive with caution, and reminds everyone to:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.