Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
A Reminder about Election and Other Signs
As election season draws near, signs promoting candidates will appear around the community. Here are important guidelines about sign placement:
- Signs must be on private property (get owner’s permission)
- Election signs must be removed within 10 days following the election
- Some areas where you can’t place signs:
- Public right of way (If a sidewalk exists, the property line is typically 2 feet from the sidewalk. If no sidewalk exists, the property line is typically 15 feet from the curb.)
- Areas that would cause traffic/pedestrian visibility issues (corners)
- Utility Poles
Signs that are placed in parks, on trees or utility poles will be immediately disposed of. Owners of the property adjacent to signs mistakenly placed in the public right of way or in areas that would cause traffic visibility concerns will receive a door hanger notice requiring the sign's removal or relocation.
Local candidates for office have been given guidance on sign placement. Enforcement will be addressed through Neighborhood Services, but the City would sincerely appreciate voluntary compliance with these requirements. Thank you!