Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
Running for City Council
Filing for Office
- Candidate Application: Affidavit of Candidacy
- Filing period: July 28, 2020 - August 11, 2020 by 5 pm
- Filing Fee: $5.00
- Submit Affidavit of Candidacy and filing fee by 5 pm August 11, 2020. Contact the City Clerk at 218.299.5304 to make an appointment to submit in person.
Questions? Contact the City Clerk's office at 218.299.5304 or by email
Other helpful information:
Secretary of State Campaign Filing Packet: Information for candidates
- Candidate Information Form: Voluntary submission of information to be shared on the Secretary of State website about candidates for public office.
- Campaign Financial Report Each candidate is responsible to complete and file financial reports.
- Campaign Financial Report Certification of Filing: Due to the City Clerk’s Office by November 10, 2020.
- 2020 Campaign Manual: A comprehensive guide on election campaigns.
Thank you for your interest in serving the City of Moorhead.