Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
Minnesota Liquor Sales Update
The State of Minnesota enacted a law on April 17 that allows establishments with liquor on-site sale licenses to sell beer and wine with takeout orders.
- Licensed restaurant establishments can sell the equivalent of a six-pack of beer and a standard bottle of wine without acquiring an off-sale license.
- The alcohol must be sold with a to-go order.
- The alcohol must be in its original, unopened container or bottle.
- The person picking up the order must be 21-years-old or older.
- Food deliveries still cannot include alcohol.
The law will expire when the Executive Order closing establishments expires.