Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
2018 Homebuyer Results Now Available
Moorhead residents love their neighborhoods!
Moorhead's newest residents have shed a light onto what the City of Moorhead has been doing well. Some notable survey results:
• Most new homebuyers purchased existing or previously occupied homes (89%) versus newly constructed homes (11%)
• Most survey respondents previously lived in Moorhead (46%) but many also came from areas of Fargo (31%)
• Out of a variety of answers, the biggest reason surveyors decided to move to Moorhead was to be a Minnesota resident (95 responses)
• Although the majority of respondents did not have children in the Moorhead School System (81%) those that did say they were happy or very happy with the school system (80%)
• Respondents said that they’re happy or very happy with the city’s neighborhoods (88%), affordability (70%) and parks and recreation (76%)
For more information, please check out the full survey.
For further information about buying a home in Moorhead, including building incentives, flood protection, schools, and neighborhoods, please visit our website or contact Neighborhood Services at 218.299.5434.