Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
Traffic Alert: MnDOT Lane Closures
Motorists on Highway 75/8 St in south Moorhead will encounter lane closures and occasional delays when a resurfacing, signal and sidewalk/trail project begins Monday, August 14.
Major elements of the project include:
- Resurfacing of Hwy 75 between 35 Ave/Belsly Blvd and 40 Ave S
- Installing a traffic signal at 37 Ave
- Upgrading the existing traffic signal at 40 Ave to include a flashing yellow arrow
- Reconstructing the multi-use trail on the west side of Hwy 75/8 St between 35 and 40 Ave
- Constructing a sidewalk on the east side of Hwy 75/8 St between 30 and 40 Ave
Crews will begin with the trail/sidewalk work and preparatory work at the intersection of 37 Ave. Traffic impacts will be limited to lane closures where crews are working. Significant delays are only expected during the paving portion of the project, which will take up to one week in September.
Central Specialties of Alexandria is the prime contractor for the $1.3 million project.
The work is expected to be complete by the end of September.
Motorists are urged to slow down and use extra caution while driving through work zones.