Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
Recycling schedule and reminders
No sort recycling is in full swing in the City of Moorhead! The new, blue recycling trucks have been around to neighborhoods starting this week and crews have seen an increase in recycling participation.
A few reminders with the new program:
- No sorting! All items can be placed loosely in the blue 96-gallon totes. View the No-Sort Recycling Guide for a detailed list of accepted and unaccepted items. A quick reference guide is also available on the lid of the tote. No plastic bags, please!
- The recycling schedule is the same. Recycling is picked up every other week on regularly scheduled garbage days.
- Place recycling totes on the curb before 5 am, 2 feet from any obstacles including garbage totes, mailboxes, hydrants, and vehicles.
- Apartments can participate! Place your recyclables in the 300-gallon container or blue recycling dumpster located near the existing garbage dumpster.
- Old, 18-gallon bins are still available. Pick-up for free (one per household) at Moorhead City Hall (3rd Floor), 500 Center Ave, or Public Works, 700 15 Ave N, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.