The City of Moorhead offers no-interest home rehabilitation loans available to qualified homeowners through federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds. If you can answer “Yes” to all the following questions, you may qualify for a no-interest rehabilitation loan to make necessary electrical, plumbing, heating, energy and/or structural repairs.
Would I qualify?
Is the home:
- Located within Moorhead city limits?
- At least 15 years old?
- Attached to a permanent foundation (not a mobile home)?
- An owner-occupied single-family dwelling or duplex?
- Is the total gross annual income earned by residents of the household, age 18 and over, equal to or less than the amount listed in the following chart?
- $20,000 maximum loan amount when equity allows
- 0% interest
- Fully Secured by equity in the home
- Repayable upon sale, transfer of property, or non-occupancy by owner
If necessary, homeowners may subordinate their CDBG Home Rehabilitation Loans to a new mortgage under certain circumstances.