Land disturbing activities that may result in the discharge of sediment to the stormwater system are required to obtain the City of Moorhead’s Grading/Erosion Control permit. If one or more acres of land is disturbed, an MPCA Permit will also be required. Gardens, home landscaping, repairs, additions and maintenance work which are under 5,000 square feet and will not result in sediment entering the stormwater system; a permit is not required.
Construction Plan Sheets
Submit construction plan sheets and the Erosion/Sediment Control Application to Building Codes on the 4th Floor of City Hall (500 Center Ave).
Erosion/Sediment Control Standards
- Residential Erosion/Sediment Control Standards
- Commercial Erosion/Sediment Control Standards
- Utility Construction Erosion/Sediment Control Standards
- Excavation Erosion/Sediment Control Standards
Erosion/Sediment Control Permits
- City of Moorhead Permit Forms
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA)
Email Stormwater staff or call 218.299.5386