It is our highest priority to keep builders, owners, and our inspectors safe and healthy as we provide inspection services. To achieve this, we have implemented the following protocols to minimize any spread of the COVID-19 virus:
- Inspector will contact the person who made the inspection request when they arrive for scheduled inspection - when possible inspectors will ask that a space, floor or building be cleared when the inspector arrives.
- Inspector will maintain a six foot distance from everyone while at the property
- Inspector will wear a mask and, if requested, shoe coverings when inspecting an occupied building
- If you or anyone on site is currently COVID positive, in quarantine, or are feeling sick, please contact our office to reschedule the inspection
To address distancing and interaction concerns relating to the spread of COVID-19, the City of Moorhead may also accept photographic and video submissions for inspections - please contact Building Codes to determine whether your inspection can be conducted utilizing these options.
Photo and Video Submissions:
Submit the following information to email@example.com
- Name of person representing contractor at the jobsite
- Phone number of person representing contractor at the jobsite
- Picture of the Permit or Permit Number
- Picture of the front of the building
- Pictures and/or video of the pertinent portions of the project to be inspected
- Additional photos/video may be required, we appreciate your understanding
- Download he Google Duo app in the Play Store (Android) or the App Store (iPhone).
- You will be prompted to sign in and enter your phone number
- Please contact Building Codes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218.299.5424 to schedule a time that an inspector can contact you.
- The inspector will call you as soon as possible and the video call will be established.
- The inspector will contact you if any additional information is required and with the information regarding your inspection.
Disclaimer: These video and photo inspections are conducted in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. The inspections will be conducted via video streaming or through the submission of photographs or video by the property owner or contractor, or both. The final report expresses the opinions of the inspector, based upon visual impressions of the conditions that existed at the time of the inspection only. The inspection is not technically exhaustive, and does not imply that every defect will be discovered. Latent defects or defects detectable only by invasive means are not addressed. The City of Moorhead makes no representation or warranties, either express or implied. Under no circumstances will the City of Moorhead, or its affiliates, or any of its officers, directors, employees, or agents, be liable for any loss, damage, or harm caused by reliance on information obtained herein. The City of Moorhead disclaims any and all liability for any damages due to the accuracy, availability, use or misuse of the information herein provided. The City reserves the right, at its discretion, to change or modify this Disclaimer at any time without prior notice.